Thursday, October 7, 2010

Inspiration

I draw inspiration from all sorts of sources, and for designing my comic book I have decided I would like to use a story I have been working on for a handful of years. I drew inspiration for it initially from Final Fantasy IX, designing some characters in similar style. Over the years the story has evolved to envelop many more inspirations such as the shows Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Supernatural, Charmed, as well as movies such The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, 300, even Narnia. As you can tell, my story could very easily be classified as high fantasy, containing orcs, goblins, elves, dwarves and many more magical aspects. I also check Games Workshop: What's New Today blog daily.

My initial page I would like to have throwing the reader into a story that has already started. There are things in motion that have started before the story itself starts, and the first page is showing it beginning to surface. The reader should find themself asking not what is happening, but why is it happening.

My working title is Coarse Crystal.

No comments:

Post a Comment