Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pre-Production


1. The place I chose is a rather ruined, personal keep of a necromancer. It is supposed to be kind of post apocalyptic fantasy, in an undetermined year. This keep was built in the frozen tundra, rather desolate surroundings and very cold. There would be the lingering scent of frozen death, potentially a few frozen skeletons or corpses laying about in the undisturbed snow.

I want the keep to have old and worn graves scattered around it as well as a broken, iron fence.


2. When thinking up the castle I realized that I was drawing on the old English castles and adding both a bit of a Disney twist (think Beauty and the Beast) and a dash of the Asian/ Eastern palace style.

My use of plants will be extremely limited, sticking to just some static grass that may be poking through the snow and maybe a small dead snag of a tree. I could include dead vines if I feel that the scene is truly missing something in color or line.  

I'll have to figure out and include a fair amount of stone and/or brick textures as well as some textures to try to capture the feel of the snow. 


The pictures attached are some rough concepts of the exterior scene and some of the interior.



No comments:

Post a Comment